Friday 13 January 2017

Another "non-post" - a chocolate bake recipe from www.recipes fromacornishkitchen.blogspot.com that I want to have a go at. You will find this one here:





Chocolate Fudge Cake


I am loving these recipes from the 1960s. The WI Cornish Ladies who passed on these wonderful recipes had a great understanding of baking. Here is another example of a few simple ingredients being turned into a delicious treat. It is undoubtedly the easiest and simplest recipe I have ever used, from the start to putting it in the oven takes less than 5 mins, without getting my hands dirty! I decided to spread some melted chocolate to the finished squares though, but there is no need to really.

You will need a rectangular shallow tin. I used a 10” x 7” and lined the long side, hanging over to help lift it out. Pre heat your fan oven to 160C

4 oz butter 
2 eggs 
2 oz cocoa [good quality - you can’t beat Green & Black]
10 oz caster sugar
6 oz plain flour
½ teasp of vanilla extract

Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the sugar and beaten egg, then the flour, cocoa and vanilla.
Mix well then pour into your prepared tin and bake for about 30-35 mins.

Cut into squares when almost cold. They are just perfect served warm as a dessert but are still so good when cold!

How easy is that? Scrumptious.

The original recipe used margarine [these days, never!!!!]


"From the start until putting it in the oven was less than 5 mins, without getting my hands dirty" - now there's a recommendation if ever there was. I'm also surprised that they use plain flour and no raising agents. I'll let you know how mine turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment